Day 10

(inspired by Safia's "Day 29")

Thomas,

what's up man?
you've been sitting on that brain for a while - while
I was writing this -
I kind of thought -
I've missed you

like I-O
that brains owes me a debt - and I'm not accepting your programming
of a thought-synthesized mirror reaking of fabrication-
you smell of yourself running along the memories of pain-
there's love on your shoe

can you hear me?
Can you just look down for a second?!


you wrecked my house before you birthed me-
a gift that I continue to marvel at

the front door slit where my finger submerged
the contours of this beating organ; beating as if your fists
are orchestrating the instru-mental of headaches. Head spinning
break dancing on regretting ever taking back "i love you"
because you once did
but was ever to afraid to admit it

look down
I am here now


can you see how beautiful this tilted roof is?
All it takes is your weight to set it crumbling down-
we'll light torches and become the son of ar(e)-
you ready to join me yet?.. In the fires atop veins
let us see our soul amidst the wreckage
burn ideas of ourselves next to our lungs
and get high on the present
wrapped in pain - you presented it to me with the parting of her

and all I ask is that you share this moment
of unveiling
with me.


look down

- Tommy D

Monday, August 31, 2009

0 Comments: